Back to Whatcom County home page Whatcom County | Departments | Contacts |  Help |  Search
 Superior Courtheader image
  Superior Court  | Calendars  | Court Forms  | Court Rules

Community Legal Resources

Other Self-Help Resources

  Libraries. Legal publications are available from the Bellingham Public Library, the Whatcom County Library System, the Whatcom County Law Library and the library at Western Washington University (WWU).

  Tape-recorded Messages.  ConsumerLine is a telephone tape information system offered by the Office of the Attorney General on consumer protection topics. To hear a tape or request a listing of tapes, call 1-800-692-5082.  Tel-Law is a similar system offering legal information from the Tacoma/Pierce County Bar Association.  To hear the tapes, call (206) 383-3624.

  Opportunity Council Community Resource Center (360) 734-5121 ext. 370. The Resource Center provides basic information on landlord-tenant laws and small claims court.

  Child Support Enforcement. Many questions about child support enforcement, establishing paternity, and the state child support registry can be answered by the state Office of Support Enforcement; call 1-800-729-7580.

  Lummi Victims of Crime Program. Serves Native Americans in Whatcom County with crisis intervention, counseling, advocacy, information, domestic violence legal assistance, transportation and assistance with applying to help pay for medical and therapy costs. (360) 384-2285.

  Internet: Web page for Washington State Courts.  Provides court information and assistance, including court forms and instructions.