| Eight Key Components of Drug Court set forth by the
National Association of Drug Court Professionals (NADCP)
The National Association of Drug Court Professionals has set forth
these eight key elements to provide a guideline and structure format
for Drug Courts in the Nation.
- Key Element 1 ~ Drug Courts integrate alcohol and other
drug treatment services with justice case processing
- Key Element 2 ~ Using a non-adversarial approach, prosecution
and defense counsel promote public safety while protecting participants'
due process rights.
- Key Element 3 ~ Eligible participants are identified
early and promptly placed in the Drug Court program.
- Key Element 4 ~ Drug Court provides access to a continuum
of alcohol, drug, and other related treatment and rehabilitation
- Key Element 5 ~ Frequent alcohol and other drug testing
to monitor abstinence.
- Key Element 6 ~ A coordinated strategy governs Drug
Court responses to participants' compliance.
- Key Element 7 ~ Ongoing judicial interaction with each
Drug Court participant is essential.
- Key Element 8 ~ Clear monitoring and evaluation measures
track the achievement of individual participants' program goals
and gauge the effectiveness of the program.