Prevention Tips - Personal Safety
- Avoid walking or running alone at night.
- Avoid using headphones while walking, driving (its against
the law!), or jogging.
- Always walk in well-lit areas.
- Avoid the use of shortcuts or areas with minimal foot-traffic.
- After dark, keep away from obstructions that someone could
hide behind, always be aware of your surroundings.
- Always stay near the curb.
- If someone in a vehicle stops and asks for directions,
answer from a distance. Do not approach the vehicle.
- If followed, go immediately to an area with lights and
people. If needed, turn around and walk in the opposite
direction, your follower will also have to reverse direction.
- Do not display cash openly, especially when leaving an
ATM machine (ATM