Stable housing is the foundation upon which people build and improve their lives.
The Human Services Housing Program provides opportunities in the community to create safe affordable housing. Together with public and private partners and especially with Whatcom County Coalition to End Homelessness, we work to reduce and ultimately end homelessness in our community.
The Housing Program is funded with local document recording fees, grants from
Washington State Department of Commerce, and local veteran and mental health funds dedicated to homeless housing assistance.
The work of the Housing Program:
- Awards funds to organizations that directly assist people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless with housing and services.
- Facilitates community wide planning, participates in regional planning
- Updates and oversees implementation of the Plan to End Homelessness
- Conducts annual Point in Time Count of homeless people
- Acts as liaison to Dept. of Commerce
- Represents the community as Continuum of Care lead
- Provides housing and service related advocacy on behalf of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness
Housing Program Office
509 Girard Street, Lower Level
Whatcom County does not directly manage housing or homeless services.
Bellingham, WA 98225
(360) 676-6724 ext. 30693
(360) 676-6771 Fax