Back to Whatcom County home page Whatcom County | Departments | Contacts |  Help |  Search
 Health Departmentheader image
  Health Home

Substance Abuse
Prevention - FAQ's

Community Prevention Program, Frequently Asked Questions

Will my kids use drugs?
Use this Risk Quiz (1.8 MB pdf document) to help you determine the level of risk for your children using drugs.

How do I talk to my kids about alcohol?
Use the following brochure about talking to your kids about alcohol:

Does Washington have an Alcohol/Drug Helpline?
Yes. In Washington State, the Alcohol/Drug Helpline is 1-800-562-1240. For more information, log on to

How can I keep my kids drug-free?
You can access the "Keeping Your Kids Drug-Free: A How-To Guide for Parents and Caregivers" sponsored by the Office of National Drug Control Policy at

Where can I find information on drugs of abuse?
Refer to the links on this site for information on drugs of abuse.  You may also contact the Community Prevention Program for more information at (360) 676-6724.

What materials are available to the public regarding substance use?
The Community Prevention program currently has a variety of videos, brochures, reports, and demonstration tools available to the public at no charge.  Please visit 1500 N State Street to view and check out materials.

What community resources are available for individuals that may need substance abuse treatment?
Please refer to the treatment section of our web site and the directory of treatment and recovery resources.

Back to Top