Substance Use Disorder Treatment Services
We strive to provide high quality substance use disorder services for Whatcom County citizens who wish to begin their recovery from addiction.
The Whatcom County Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Treatment system ensures programs and services for the citizens of Whatcom County. We work closely with our state partner, the Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery to provide a continuum of care from detoxification to treatment as a gateway into recovery. We use funding from our state partner, from local liquor profits, and one Chemical Dependency/Mental Health funds to provide services. We’ve established many public private/partnerships in order to ensure cost-effective, quality programs.
By April of 2016, the state SUD services with be transferred to a local Behavioral Health Organization. The state expects that SUD services will be integrated with mental health services and ultimately with primary care.
Our work consists of:
- Providing information and referral to treatment providers who accept Medicaid/Apple Health.
- Ensuring treatment services to adults and youth who are eligible.
- Implementing contracts to provide detoxification, treatment, and engagement to opiate addicts.
- Monitoring contracts and ensuring quality in our treatment programs.
- Facilitating a community wide task force on addictions.
- Assessing the needs of the community.
- Developing plans to address SUD needs within available resources.
- Work with our regional BHO and the state towards the development of integrated services.
Substance Use Disorder Program Office
- 509 Girard Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
(360) 676-6724 ext. 32017
(360) 676-6771 Fax
Back to Top