Back to Whatcom County home page Whatcom County | Departments | Contacts |  Help |  Search
 Health Departmentheader image
  Health Home  | Topics  | Programs  | Information

Environmental Health

Environmental Health Home

On-Site Sewage Systems

Licensed Designers

Licensed OSS Contractors

Licensed Designers


Any onsite sewage system designer licensed in the State of Washington or any professional engineer licensed in the State of Washington may design onsite sewage systems.

To locate names of designers or engineers in the local area through the Internet, go to

In the section where it asks "If you want to check a Professional License", click on Search business and professional licenses.

From the “Profession” drop down menu select:

Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems/Onsite Designer License for designers or Engineer/Engineering, Civil for engineers.

From the “County” drop down menu select:

Whatcom and/or another nearby county such as Skagit then select:

Search Now ” and a list of designers or engineers will appear.

A designer's or engineer's status must show “Active” in order to submit designs or perform the work of a designer.

To locate phone numbers and/or addresses of the names reviewed, go to your telephone book or utilize an online phone directory.

You may also use the other drop down menus to find a specific designer or query other parameters such as sorting by city.

Washington State Dept. of Licensing homepage:

To file a complaint with DOL: