*Complete Special Event Applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the event
Step 1: Determine Event Date and Location
Whatcom County Parks have a variety of parks, trails and facilities available for your event. For a complete list of available spaces, click here. Locations are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Applications for events from January 1, 2019 to March 30, 2019 can be accepted as early as October 1, 2018. Applications for events occurring April 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019 will be accepted starting December 1, 2018.
Step 2: Submit Application and Supplemental Information
A complete application must include:
Plan of Operation
Click here for helpful links and resources
Please describe in narrative the following applicable aspects of your proposed event:
- General description of event & how it will be operated
- Parking/Traffic flow
- Security and EMS planning
- Sanitation and garbage disposal
- Facilities and areas proposed to be used
- Describe all areas where food/beverages are being served
- Animal control
- Trails should identify start / finish lines
- Aid stations
Site maps are required to show overall event layout and any separately fenced areas. Depending on event type, map generally must include the following:
- Fencing/barriers - Porta-potty locations
- Bleachers - Generators
- Booths - Vehicles/Parking Areas
- Canopies/Tents - Entrances/Exits
- Cooking Areas - Start/Finish Lines
- Security Locations - Aid Stations Locations
- Marked Routes
Complete applications may be submitted: to WCPREvents@co.whatcom.wa.us or mailed: Whatcom County Parks & Recreation
3373 Mount Baker Highway
Bellingham, WA 98226
*Please note that completing the application and paying the application fee does not guarantee approval of your event.
Step 3: Application Review and Permit Timeline
Step 4: Have a Successful Event!