The Wellness Program teamed up with Whatcom County's WSU Extension and launched its first Diabetes Prevention Program in 2017. It is available to all full time employees and their dependents covered under the 2017 medical plan.
Did you and/or your spouse score 9+ points?
Interested in learning more?
To get started, email Darein Wylin, Wellness Program Coordinator
Participants in the course get:
• A CDC-approved curriculum
• The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
• A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
• Support from other participants with the same goals as you
• 12 weekly sessions in a safe, confidential environment
• 10 bi-weekly or monthly follow-up sessions to help you maintain healthy lifestyle changes — and fun
The WSU DPP lifestyle change intervention can help you make lasting changes to reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
The WSU Diabetes Prevention is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.